Accomplished PA wrestler will fill Senior Editor position at the burgeoning media organization
One of Pennsylvania’s most accomplished high school and college wrestlers, Mason Beckman, will join the staff of Home Mat Advantage (HMA) Wrestling website and podcast as a Senior Editor, as announced today by HMA Wrestling’s Sam Herring and Jude Swisher.
Beckman, a highly decorated wrestler from Pennsylvania, had a stellar high school and college career amassing 196-12 and 104-37 records, respectively. Currently serving as an assistant coach alongside owner and head coach Jim Akerly at Quest School of Wrestling in Pittsburgh, PA, Beckman is eager to get started contributing to the HMA Wrestling brand.
“I’m extremely excited to have the opportunity to join the HMA Wrestling team and to help a pair of the brightest young minds in our sport cover the biggest events. Sam and Jude, along with Tony Rotundo, have already built an awesome brand and I’m excited to contribute in any way I can,” said Beckman.
“I’m thrilled to get the opportunity to work with Mason. He has shown his content producing excellence as well as his own wrestling abilities. He has been super helpful to me, and I’m blessed to be able to work with him at HMA Wrestling. This addition will add quality and consistency to the content that HMA Wrestling produces,” said Sam Herring, HMA Wrestling founder and host of the popular HMA Wrestling podcast.
“Mason Beckman brings some much-needed professionalism and consistency to the HMA Wrestling product. With his vast wrestling experience and excellent writing skills, Mason is going to be extremely helpful in producing and managing content,” added HMA Wrestling founder Jude Swisher. “Mason is a great guy with a lot of excellent qualities; I’m very excited to be working with him in the future!”
About Mason Beckman (by the numbers)
Assistant Coach at Quest School of Wrestling (2016-2018 & August 2019-Present)
- coached 27 PA state medalists in 2016 & 2017
- 8 state finalists in 2016 & 2017
- 6 state champions in 2016 & 2017
- 10 wrestlers in top 100 of their respective recruiting classes since 2017
Assistant Coach at George Mason University (2018-2019)
- first winning dual meet season in 11 years (9-7)
- 3 NCAA Qualifiers (t-most at GMU since 2001)
- 4 EWL Finalists (most ever at GMU)
- first EWL Champion in GMU history (Tejon Anthony)
Content Contributor at PA Power Wrestling (2017-2018)
- co-host of weekly college wrestling podcast
- covered dual meets for the site
- helped cover 2018 NCAA Championships in Cleveland
- 104-37 record (12th on Lehigh all-time wins list)
- 2X NCAA All American (6th in 2014 & 2015)
- 3X NWCA Academic All American (2014, 2015, 2016)
- 4X NCAA Qualifier
- 3X EIWA Finalist (2014, 2015, 2016)
- 2014 EIWA Champion
High School (Reynolds HS, PA)
- 196-12 career record (PA class AA career wins record holder)
- 2X state champion
- 4X state medalist (2, 3, 1, 1)
- 2X Walsh Ironman Champion
About HMA Wrestling
The idea for Home Mat Advantage Wrestling Podcast was originally created in jest. Sam Herring and Jude Swisher had been discussing wrestling for a while and the idea for a podcast was just thrown around. A couple of weeks later Sam sent Jude a link to a podcast creating app. Next thing they knew, they were neck deep into the show.
Home Mat Advantage, while run and managed by kids, is a serious wrestling journalism outlet. Started in 2019 by a 12 & 15 year-old, HMA plans to continue growing for a very long time. HMA is sponsored by WrestlersareWarriors.com.